Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

So I have to tell you how my Mother's Day went. I thought it was so special. My children are the best! Ok so first thing in the morning, Shandeigh wakes up and comes in my room and says Happy Mother's day and hands me all this stuff. Here are the pictures.


This is a flower she made and a neck warmer with rice in it, that has a lavender smell.
She made the rice bag all by herself and was so proud to tell me that
she got to use a sewing machine all by herself. She did a very
GOOD job! She is turning into such a young lady.


This is a cute card she made me and I have to share what it says and the pictures she made.
This first page says "I remember when".........
(the picture is of a Mom standing up to a cupboard looking at flowers that she got and the circle says "perfect girl")

this says...This book is dedicated to my Mother because she loves my no matter what.
Coypright@2008 Shandeigh..


Sorry this one is kind of blurry, but it says...I remember when... you taught me to make cookies.
(the picture is of a mom and daughter and the mom is holding a pan of cookies)

and how much you love me!

I know you try you best to show you love. I try to put my love
in everything I do.
this is the little flap that she made on the same page as the last.
It says....and I love you more than anything!

I love you! (in case you could not see it..lol)


This is the back and last page. It is a Mom with a tear in her eye. Wow that made me cry just
typing it.
Ok so yeah she is the sweetest girl. She also made me waffles.
She has never used the waffle machine, so I had to help her, but the
waffles were all mixed up and ready to pour in the waffle maker. She also was such
a big help in everything. She did not even complain once when I asked her to do something.

All the kids got the coupons at church and gave them to me. Shandeigh and Jonathan
begged me to give the one of them to do. So they were all torn up
before I could take a picture, so this is actually Paden's colored one. I have to tell you
about Jonathan. Well you see he is pretty shy getting up in front of people. Today
the primary got up and sang and I could not get Jonathan to go up there.
I never hear him sing period. I dont know if he just does not like his voice or what.
So one of these coupons says sing a song or two. So I tore it off and gave it to him.
I told him I wanted to sing I am a child of God. He did the whole shy, roll of the eye thing,
and then started to sing it. He sang it so cute and really meant it. It was so touching
to hear my Jonathan sing to me. He did so good and I told him he needed
to sing more often to me, because I really liked it.




After church we all got in the car to come home, and Paden says, Happy Mother's Day Mommy!
I said thank you and he handed me this card. I said oh this is so nice of you to color and give this to me. He say well actually mom, this is not your card. It is for Daddy, Jonathan, Shandeigh,
Quinn, me, and Mommy. He is so cute and funny. I just had to laugh. I assumed
that because there was a family on the picture is why he said that..lol
He is so special in his own little way.


So after church I got home and Eric started making dinner. I was so estatic about that. I actually just got to sit on the couch and watch him cook for once. It was such a special treat. He made the best food ever. I wish he would do it more often...hint hint. Alright so that was my Mother's day in a nutshell and it was so special to me.
P.S. I said nothing about Quinn. I do have to say this week has been the first week that he has actually played and has been content and not screaming and crying all day. This really is the first for me since he has been born. Good thing he is so cute or else I dont know what I would have done with him..lol..just kidding. We love our little Quinn and would not know what to do without his special spirit.

2 comments:

Quilting For Less said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quilting For Less said...

Okay, I am sitting here with tears running down my face! I am so proud of my little grandkids!