Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First day of school

Shandeigh's first day of fourth grade. This is the only good picture I got of her because she was so excited to get to school that she did not want to stand there and take a picture. But this is cute enough. She is turning into a very beautiful girl! She is growing up way to fast and is really taking good care of her diabetes. Oh yeah and we found out today for sure that she has celiac's. This is also another life changing experience for us. We have known for awhile but had to get a biopsy just to make sure the blood test was correct and today we found out that in fact it was really true. In case you dont know what celiacs is, it is where there intestines get VERY sick when they eat ANYTHING with gluten in it. It can cause colon cancer if they dont stop eating the gluten and it also makes them pretty sick if they eat just a teeny crumb. Anyway she has been gluten free for a week now and has been really good about it. I think I am taking it way harder then she is. She is such a strong girl! I love her so much. She is truley an angel in my eyes for all that she is faced with.
P.S. If you are always sick with stomach problems and always having to go number two all the time, you should go get checked for it. Studies say that 1 in every 133 people have celiacs and are never diagnosed.


Here is my Jonathan on his first day of Kindergarten. He was so excited for school to start also. He kept asking me daily when school was going to start, ever since we did kindergarten screening at the end of the school year. He is my quiet kid until he gets to know you and has really been enjoying school so far.

This is Jonathan giving Paden a hug good bye.


Jonathan in line to go in. He had asked if I would go in with him and I said ok. Well when the teachers came out to get them, they told us to give them hugs and kisses at the door and not walk them into the class. I asked Jonathan if he heard his teacher and he says yes and I think was a little dissappointed. He kind of gave me a kiss though. I was super excited because he thinks kissing is gross.. lol I always have to pin him down to kiss him. He is all boy!
My poor Paden was sobbing so hard that he did not get to go with Jonathan to class. He really missed his brother and sister.

5 comments:

Velvet Wood said...

Ahhhhhh...enjoy these days because before you know it (literally, I know) you will be taking them to Idaho to go to college. I am going to be the one in the back seat sobbing!!

Carissa said...

Tough girl! I think Tyler's grandma has Celiac's. Is it harder for you to cook now than it was before, or is it not much of a change in diet?

Amber said...

yes it is REALLY hard to cook now. I am finding out so much and it is so overwhelming. It is so life changing with the diet. She will be a really healthy girl though. We will get through this and adjust. Its just hard at first, just like when we found out she was diabetic. We deal with and just do the best we can to keep her healthy.

Anonymous said...

Payden looks so sad! I'm sure that will be Preston next year!

Mindy said...

Its fun to catch up on whats going on with you. Thats too bad about the diabetes and the Celiac. Isn't gulten in about everything? Kyles sister Malea was and is diabetic. So they grew up with it and it was pretty positive in the fact that the whole family did not eat a lot of sugar. Good luck with your kids in school. I would be a little ticked if they did not let me walk in to the class room. I am sure they did it cause it is chaotic on the first day but on the first day they are not going to get a lot of teaching in anyways. I came back and ate shcool lunch that day. Parents and nonschool kids can do that. I bet Payden would like eating lunch at the school with his sister and brother. Plus it is cheaper than McDonalds.