Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crazy summer

Sorry I have not posted in a long time. The summer has been crazy and school is now back in session. Kids are finally going to bed at a normal time and I can blog a little more now. So this is what I have been up to.
In the wanted adds I posted a post asking if anyone had any fruits or veggies they did not want and I would take them off their hands. Well someone called me. They had two huge apricot trees that they gave me a ton of apricots. After I got done canning, she called me the next week and asked if I wanted more. So I said sure. I was really sick of canning so I found really good homes for all those apricots. I canned apricot jam and syrup with the help of some great friends(you know who you are) thanks gals. It was a lot of work but well worth it. The jam and syrup is so YUMMY!!!
I also canned beans from my very own garden. I have really enjoyed my garden and all the yummy food that we have gotten. These beans are wonderful!


This is just a couple of the many many things we did this summer. We had a great summer and the kids were really excited when school started.

2 comments:

Velvet Wood said...

Wow, those look wonderful. I wish I was talented enough to can! Unfortunately, I am only talented enough to eat!

Shalae said...

wow looks like you were busy canning all summer! Great job! I'm glad Kindergarten went well for you! See my blog about my Kindergartener!